Some no bake cheese cake recipes don't set well and the biscuit layer gets soggy. Shaunna would recommend baking your cheese cake so its soft and fluffy but firm. Its a simple recipe but it has a lot of ingredients. Have patience, it is totally worth it.
- Biscuits 150 gms
- 4 spoons melted butter
- 400g cream cheese (Full fat)
- 150gm castor sugar
- 1 small cup of Epigamia yogurt vanilla
- 150ml heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp corn starch
- 1.5tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 lime juice
- 2 mangoes sliced
- Whipped cream (optional)
- To make the biscuit layer I used half packet of digestive biscuits, Nice Time biscuits and blend with 4 spoons of melted butter and 1 spoon of sugar. It will form a powder. pour into the mold you want to use and press down hard so it sets well. Bake at 180 deg for 5 min till golden brown. This stops the cheese from makes the biscuit layer soggy.
- Next take 400 gm of cream cheese and add your castor sugar and whisk together (Please make sure your cheese is room temperature) add the full cup of Vanilla yogurt. (You can use any flavour but I like vanilla) Add your heavy cream and whisk in. Add 2 eggs and 1.5tbsp of vanilla extract and whisk in. Lastly add in your corn starch and lime juice. Done!
- Pour on top of the biscuit layer and make sure its an even layer. Pre heat your oven to 180 degree and bake for 30 min in a water bath . This means you cover your cake tin with foil and pour water into the oven tray so the cake cooks and steams. Reduce to 150 deg and bake for 30 min more. Then put off the oven and let it rest for 1 hour in the oven heat.
- This will ensure no cracking. when the cake is room temperature you can begin decorating it.
- Once this is all done take whipping cream and whisk till soft peaks are formed. Take your sliced mangoes and arrange it as per your liking. I went for a flower design but you can chop it into little squares too. Chill for 2 hours and serve. Bon Appetite!