For all you egg lovers, here is an interesting recipe of this delicious Eggs In Bun shared by Chef Ashley D'Souza. #AnyBodyCanCook
- Pav or Burger bun - 1nos
- Butter - 60grms
- Eggs - 1nos
- Tomato - 1nos
- Mushrooms - 150grms
- Red onions - 50grms
- Bacon - 60grms (if desired)
- Oil - 30ml
- Cheese mozzarella or cheddar - 100grms
- Coriander - As required
- Salt - TT
- Pepper - TT
- Cut a hole in the centre of the pav bread or burger bun and spread the butter evenly on the inside.
- Slice the mushrooms and onions thin, sauté them in a pan with a dash of oil, seasoning with salt and pepper as required. If you like bacon, this would be when you would add the chopped bacon to the mix and sauté it all together. Once done set aside.
- Layer the bottom of the holed out bread with shredded mozzarella or cheddar and sliced tomato, top it with the onion / mushroom and bacon mixture. Once this is done top it with shredded mozzarella or cheddar and a raw egg sunny side up and garnish with chopped coriander and finally season with salt and pepper.
- Place this in a preheated OTG or oven at 125*C and bake till the cheese melts and the egg white sets, the yolk should be soft and runny. Brush it with melted butter and serve hot.
Recipe By Chef Ashley D'Souza: