Take this time to stay home and learn new skills and spend the time productively. A lovely dinner would be wonderful to spice up the usual! How to celebrate it with more joy? Well, definitely good food is the key and a quick & easy meal would leave everyone delighted and something to look forward to!
These dhoklas are an amazing cuisine to munch on while you are just binge watching your favourite shows. Healthy, tasty and attractive, they can be an amazing appetizer for your family.
- 1 cup split skinless Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tbsp curd
- ½ cup spinach puree
- 1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp ginger and green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Eno Fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- Oil and chilli powder
- ½ cup coriander chutney
- Soak the chana dal in water 3 to 4 hours.
- Rinse the dal, add ½ cup water and blend in a mixer
- Add the besan, curds, ginger and green chilli paste, spinach puree and 2 tbsp of water, blend in a mixer.
- Add the Eno fruit salt, salt and mix for a minute till the batter turns frothy.
How to proceed?
- Grease a thali with oil.
- Pour half the batter into thali. Shake the thali till the mixture is evenly spread.
- Repeat the same process with the other thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 8 to 9 minutes till the dhoklas are evenly cooked.
- Cool the cooked dhoklas slightly and cut into pieces.
- Serve with an oil and chilli powder or coriander chutney.
- Garnish the dhokla with a tampering of oil, mustards and curry leaves if you wish.
Recipe By Chef Renu Dalal: